CAO Applicant News
This page contains up-to-date news items for CAO Applicants. Always remember to read the CAO Handbook and any important correspondence sent to you by CAO throughout the application process.03/03/2020
DARE HEAR supporting documentation must arrive in CAO no later than 15 March at 17:15
Instructions for submitting DARE or HEAR supporting documentation may be found in the DARE HEAR Application Handbooks and on the DARE/HEAR section of the CAO web-site. [more...] When sending supporting documents you must:
- Submit A4 photocopies of your supporting documents; do not send originals. HEIs may require you to supply the original documents at a later date and any offers made are subject to this condition.
- Number, date and write your CAO application number on the top of each page
- Obtain a certificate of posting from the Post Office. Please do not register your post; a Certificate of Posting will suffice.
- If you wish to receive confirmation from CAO that your documents have been received, you must include a self-addressed and stamped postcard.
- Do not fax, email or send external storage devices of exam documents to CAO. Faxed or scanned documents are not considered sufficient evidence.
CAO Application Deadline is Saturday, 1 February at 5:15pm
Applicants who have not yet completed their application should do so immediately, particularly mature applicants, applicants for the HEAR or DARE schemes, or those who are thinking about applying for a restricted course. [more...] A fee of €45 applies after this time and until the normal closing date of 1 February at 5:15 pm. The normal CAO application deadline is Saturday, 1 February at 5:15pm. The application fee is €45. The most important step at this stage is to register on the system and obtain your CAO application number to help you avoid any restrictions. This first step in the application process is very straight-forward. You will be asked to provide your identification and contact details, and select the qualifications and assessments sections that are relevant to you. On completing this section, and paying the application fee, you will then receive your CAO application number. From there you can log in to your CAO account via the My Application facility to edit your application, provide additional information required to support your application, and to add your course choices. This website contains a number of guides and supports for applicants which should make the application process easy to navigate, including a ‘Demo Application Facility’ and step-bystep video guides talking applicants through the process of obtaining their CAO application. You can find these resources here. All applicants should read the 2020 CAO Handbook which is available to download here. 01/11/2019
CAO opens for applications on Tuesday, 5th November
The Central Applications Office (CAO) online application facility opens on Tuesday, 5 November from noon. Applications can be made online for a reduced fee of €30 before 20 January at 5:15 pm. [more...] A fee of €45 applies after this time and until the normal closing date of 1 February at 5:15 pm. To apply to CAO go to www.cao.ie and click on ‘Apply’. Potential applicants are advised to read the CAO Handbook and to become familiar with the various guides available in the Student Resources section of the CAO website, including the demo application facility and the video guide explaining the application process which you can view here.
- English Web-Site
- Statement of Application Record
- Covid-19 Ceisteanna Coitianta
- Sonraí Teagmhála HEI
- Athrú Intinne
- Na Pointí. Calculator
- Dátaí Tábhachtacha
- Acmhainní Mac Léinn
- Bealaigh Rochtana
DARE / HEAR
- Iarratasóirí ar bhonn Aibíochta
- Eolas do Thuismitheoirí
- Eolas do Scoileanna
- Meáin agus Staitisticí
- Data Privacy
- Faoin CAO
- Naisc Úsáideacha
- Ceisteanna Coitianta
- Déan Teagmháil linn