CAO Applicant News
This page contains up-to-date news items for CAO Applicants. Always remember to read the CAO Handbook and any important correspondence sent to you by CAO throughout the application process.09/08/2017
Closing date for Round Zero acceptances - Thursday, 10th August at 5:15 pm Applicants who received an offer in Round 0 have until 5:15 pm on Thursday, 10th August to register an acceptance. Failure to accept an offer by the reply date will result in the offer being cancelled. [more...] When you accept an offer, you will receive formal notification from CAO by post within three working days of the reply date. If you do not receive this correspondence, you must contact CAO immediately through www.cao.ie. If you accept your offer online, you will also receive an acknowledgement email, and you can check that your acceptance has been recorded online at www.cao.ie via the My Application facility. All remaining applicants should note that Round 1 offers will be available online from 6am on Monday, 21st August. 02/08/2017
Round Zero offers available online from 6am on 3rd August Round 0 offers will be available tomorrow, Thursday, 3rd August from 6am online. You can log in to the 'My Application' facility on the CAO website to check if you have received an offer. [more...] Successful applicants will also receive a paper offer notice by post, as well as an email and a text message (if you have selected this option) with details of your offer. Round Zero offers concerns the following applicants - graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature applicants, deferred and Access applicants, and applicants presenting QQI FET/FETAC qualifications for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for QQI FET applicants. The reply date by which applicants must accept their offer is Thursday, 10th August at 5:15 pm. 12/07/2017
Closing date for Round A acceptances - Thursday, 13th July at 5:15 pm Applicants who received an offer in Round A have until 5:15 pm on Thursday, 13th July to register an acceptance. Failure to accept an offer by the reply date will result in the offer being cancelled. [more...] When you accept an offer, you will receive formal notification from CAO by post within three working days of the reply date. If you do not receive this correspondence, you must contact CAO immediately through www.cao.ie. If you accept your offer online, you will also receive an acknowledgement email, and you can check that your acceptance has been recorded online at www.cao.ie via the My Application facility. A further offer round (Round Zero) will take place on August 4 for additional mature applicants, deferred and Access applicants, graduate entry medicine applicants, and applicants presenting QQI FET/FETAC qualifications for entry to courses with a quota for QQI FET/FETAC applicants. 30/06/2017
CAO Change of Mind facility - closes 1st July at 5:15pm The CAO Change of Mind facility will close tomorrow, Saturday, 1st July at 5:15pm. [more...] When making any changes to your CAO course choices, you are advised to list your courses in genuine order of preference. You will be offered the course highest up on your list, for which you are deemed eligible. We advise applicants to note the following:
- Make sure to carefully check your application and ensure that all of the course codes are correct and listed in order of preference.
- When entering new courses or editing existing course choices applicants must list ALL courses on the New Choices list.
- Use the online Change of Mind facility – it is quicker, easier and helps to reduce the opportunity for applicant error.
- Carefully read any correspondence from CAO, including the ‘Statement of Course Choices’ which is sent to applicants after amendments are made to CAO course choices. Applicants will also receive an e-mail showing these changes.
CAO Change of Mind facility opens Friday, 5th May The CAO Change of Mind facility opens this Friday, 5th May at noon. [more...] The Change of Mind facility allows registered applicants to add, remove or edit their course choices, as many times as they like, until 1st July at 5:15pm. This facility is free of charge to use and applicants can log in to their CAO accounts using the 'My Application' facility on the CAO website. Some restrictions do apply and applicants can find details of these in the CAO Handbook (pages 3 and 14). For a guide on how to use the Change of Mind facility, you can watch the CAO Change of Mind Video Guide. Please note the Change of Mind facility closes on 1st July at 5:15pm.
The CAO Late Applications facility will close on Monday, 1 May at 5:15pm. Applicants can use the online ‘Demo’ facility on the CAO website to practice with before submitting your own application. You do not need to enter course choices at this point, if you wish, as you will have an opportunity to add course choices, free-of-charge, using the ‘Change of Mind’ facility from May 5 until July 1 at 5:15pm.
[more...] The following steps are provided by CAO as a guide for first-time applicants:
- Read the CAO handbook, then go to www.cao.ie and click on ‘Apply’.
- Enter your personal information in the spaces provided.
- Select the ‘Qualifications and Assessments’ section that is relevant to you. You may select more than one section if necessary.
- Enter your payment details.
- Create a password for your CAO account – you will need this password and your date of birth to log in to your account in future, so keep the details safe.
- Click on ‘Proceed with Application’.
- Wait for your application to be processed. If successful, your CAO application number and personal information will appear on the screen – you will also receive an email and an SMS text if you have selected this option.
HEAR/DARE Document Deadline - 1st April at 5.15pm All applicants who have applied under the HEAR and DARE schemes are required to submit the relevant documentation to CAO by 1st April 2017 at 5:15pm.
[more...] Details of the documents required to support your application can be found at www.accesscollege.ie or on pages 9-12 of the CAO Handbook.
Please ensure that you include your CAO application number on each document.
[Show all news stories...]
- English Web-Site
- Sonraí Teagmhála HEI
- Na Pointí. Calculator
- Dátaí Tábhachtacha
- Acmhainní Mac Léinn
- Bealaigh Rochtana
DARE / HEAR
- Iarratasóirí ar bhonn Aibíochta
- Eolas do Thuismitheoirí
- Eolas do Scoileanna
- Meáin agus Staitisticí
- Faoin CAO
- Naisc Úsáideacha
- Ceisteanna Coitianta
- Déan Teagmháil linn